Job type: Contractor / Employee - Full-time
Region: North America
Location: Flexible, USA
Category: Core Transformation
Job Description/Role: Quality Assurance (Testing) Lead
Overview: MVP is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance (Testing) Lead to join their Core Transformation & Package Implementation Practice. This role will be responsible for both internal collateral development and assisting our clients with large-scale enterprise software implementations with Property and Casualty Insurance Carriers in North America.
The MVP Core Transformation Practice includes program executive delivery leaders, program managers, solution architects, business and functional consultants, and technical consultants who work together to perform transformation strategies and implement package applications at customer sites. Our projects are complex and can last from three months to three years depending on the specific customer requirements.
Our solutions cover a significant portion of the software development lifecycle spanning the project team performing business, technology and target operating model initial strategies, system selection efforts and/or performing advisory services on package solution implementation requiring identifying customer business requirements, assisting our clients or a system integrator to configure the package solution to meet those requirements, and integrating and testing the package solution to other internal or external systems.
MVP advisory consultants are expected to spend the majority of their time on site with the client business and technical teams. MVP employs a flexible travel model that at maximum, requires consultants to be on site four days per week and away from home three nights per week. Consultants work the fifth day from their home office. Often, our consultants work one week on site and one week off site.
Key activities for Quality Assurance (Testing) Lead include:
• Partnering with client business teams to understand business objectives and testing requirements
• Developing an overall testing strategy for package solution programs
• Estimating the testing effort required for package implementation programs or individual work streams
• Working with other members of the MVP Core Transformation, the package solution vendor team, system integrator and/or client teams
• Assisting with the Implementation/Enhancement of manual and regression test plans
• Creating, executing and maintaining test scripts (using HP tools set) to ensure quality standards are achieved and/or the leadership of others doing the same
• Working in collaboration with Story team/technical testers to understand how changes in the software product affects maintenance of test scripts
• Assisting the product implementation team in meeting the quality objectives and making continuous improvements to maximize testing coverage and reduce testing cycle time
• Planning integration testing and performance testing of package implementation solutions
• Coaching and mentoring MVP and/or customer team members working on package implementation programs
The successful Quality Assurance (Testing) Lead is expected to work side by side with our customers while making sure that all entities on the program are kept abreast of the solution test defect and issues when they arise. The position requires a unique blend of testing experience and acumen combined with technical expertise, design skills, strategic skills, insurance business requirement and customer-facing skills.
Quality Assurance (Testing) Leads typically serve as the program’s overall Test Lead or partner with another test lead to design the test strategy, testing architecture and processes to satisfy requirements for the package solution and/or it’s integration with legacy applications.
Quality Assurance (Testing) Leads must have demonstrated skills in Testing methodologies, market leading tools, processes, architectures, assisting with solving challenging technical problems, and leading Quality Assurance (Testing) teams successfully.
• Professional consulting experience or equivalent business experience in a senior technical role (minimum of 5 years)
• Insurance Industry experience
• Large-scale, full-lifecycle software implementation project experience (both package and custom)
• Expertise in a modern programming language (Java preferred)
• Experience with multi-tier web applications
• Ability to work successfully with client team members
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with Scrum or other Agile development methodologies
• Ability to work with engineers to review technical designs, testing strategies and participate in defect management and reporting
• Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work including a strong desire to learn about new applications and a new business domain
• 5 years' relevant experience as either a Quality Assurance (Test) Lead or SR Testing Analyst and/or configuration/ integration developer experience or both (5 years of SR Testing Experience for Test lead role)
• Demonstrated track record as a consulting team lead or a technical lead
• Experience coaching and mentoring teammates
• Understanding of technical design/testing approaches
• Proven experience in documenting various test cases using tools like HP Quality Center
• Proven experience in testing for package solutions e.g. GW Suite, web applications (frontend and backend), Web services, various other GUI applications (Mainframe, Java, etc..) and middleware’s
• Proven experience in design, development, and maintenance of any smoke, functional, and regression test suits to ensure application code is functioning as designed
• Background at a major consulting firm working with Fortune 500 customers
• Experience with configurable package solution software such as Guidewire, CSC, Fiserv, Accenture, Innovation Group, Insurity, SAP and/or similar is desired
• Knowledge of policy, billing, or claim processes within an insurance company
Why MVP? As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished advisory services to our clients to gain full reference-ability – this excellence approach guides us in all that we do.